Dubai English Speaking School (DESS), the ‘home of irresistible learning’ is a thriving, not-for-profit provider of education. We are proud of our inclusive nature and believe that our students get the very best experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom. Our staff are well looked after and continuously strive to improve what is recognised already as an outstanding practice. DESS is one of the leading Schools in the region and has a reputable track record of success in academic achievement, sport, performing arts and enterprise. With over fifty nationalities represented, we are very much an international school that embraces the opportunities to facilitate our children in making an impact as global citizens.
DESS is the oldest British Curriculum School in Dubai but is always at the cutting edge of new developments in Education. As a primary school, we educate children from 3 years through to 11 years old when they transition to our secondary school, Dubai English Speaking College (DESC). DESS is aligned to the National Curriculum of England and has been a provider of outstanding education since 1963.
We have the following vacancy for September 2020:
Arabic B Teacher
Please see the attached job description for further details
The successful applicant will:
- Hold a degree in either Arabic or Education
- Be qualified (have KHDA approval) to teach Arabic to non-native speakers (Arabic B)
- Be an experienced Primary Arabic Language teacher with proven success
- Be proficient in English
- Value being part of an established team and a be ‘team player’
- Respond to feedback and have the drive to improve practice in-line with the school vision
- Have a genuine passion for teaching children and promoting a love for language learning
- It is preferable (but not essential, for the right candidate) if the applicant is also French speaking
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary
- A supportive working environment with continuous development opportunities
- An experienced, friendly and supportive Arabic team
- Amazing children, who love to learn and value their relationships with their teachers
To apply: Please complete our Application Form and return it with the title of the role in the subject field to email@example.com
Please Note: CVs will not be accepted, and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date: 20th February 2020
Interviews will take place on 27th February 2020
The successful applicant will:
- Be qualified in the UK
- Have a minimum of one years teaching experience of the UK curriculum and have QTS
- Hold a PGCE or equivalent
- Be talented and highly motivated, with a proven track record of teaching with a Primary School
- Be willing to contribute in a positive manner to all aspects of the School’s vision, including extra-curricular activities.
Our Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Initial two-year contract (renewable annually thereafter)
- Accommodation allowance or fully furnished accommodation
- Excellent Medical Insurance coverage
- Annual flight allowance
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
Safer Recruitment Statement
DESS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers who work with the school to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo a rigorous screening process that includes: verification of qualifications, birth certificate and passport; obtaining three satisfactory references (including current / most recent employer and two previous employers); providing a Police Certificate(s) for the last five years from all countries that the applicant has resided in; Prohibition Checks (for applicants with a UK background). Any employment gaps on the application form will be addressed during interview and may be explored further.
DESS welcomes applications from UAE Nationals who have the relevant experience.