I’m afraid we do not have any vacancies at this time.
Dubai English Speaking School (DESS), the ‘home of irresistible learning’ is a thriving, not-for-profit provider of education. We are proud of our inclusive nature and believe that our students get the very best experiences, both inside and outside of the classroom. Our staff are well looked after and continuously strive to improve what is recognised already as an outstanding practice. DESS is one of the leading Schools in the region and has a reputable track record of success in academic achievement, sport, performing arts and enterprise. With over fifty nationalities represented, we are very much an international school that embraces the opportunities to facilitate our children in making an impact as global citizens.
DESS is the oldest British Curriculum School in Dubai but is always at the cutting edge of new developments in Education. As a primary school, we educate children from 3 years through to 11 years old when they transition to our secondary school, Dubai English Speaking College (DESC). DESS is aligned to the National Curriculum of England and has been a provider of outstanding education since 1963.
The successful applicant will:
- Be qualified in the UK
- Have a minimum of one years teaching experience of the UK curriculum and have QTS
- Hold a PGCE or equivalent
- Be talented and highly motivated, with a proven track record of teaching with a Primary School
- Be willing to contribute in a positive manner to all aspects of the School’s vision, including extra-curricular activities.
Our Compensation and Benefits Package includes:
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Initial two-year contract (renewable annually thereafter)
- Accommodation allowance or fully furnished accommodation
- Excellent Medical Insurance coverage
- Annual flight allowance
- Tuition fees for up to two children
- End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
Safer Recruitment Statement
DESS is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers who work with the school to share this commitment.
Applicants must be willing to undergo a rigorous screening process that includes: verification of qualifications; obtaining two satisfactory references (including current employer) and obtaining a Police Certificate or Good Conduct Certificate from the country the applicant last resided in. Any employment gaps on the application form will be addressed during interview. DESS welcomes applications from UAE Nationals who have the relevant experience.