Welcome to the DESS Family
We would like to welcome Mrs Fazal’s baby girl Noor to the DESS family, she was born on Monday 1st June, weighing a healthy 3.125kg. Mother and baby are doing well.
Back in February, many of our DESS students entered the COBIS & Discovery Education Coding International competition. We are thrilled to announce that Tanish in FS2 Orange, has been awarded 3rd place in the 5-6 year category, winning himself a $100 Amazon voucher!
He designed an app called, ‘Life in the Garden”, which shows a habitat, featuring the creatures who live there and the things that they eat! The judges’ feedback was as follows:
- Demonstrates a wide range of coding skills, techniques and understanding
- Creative use of events and inputs combined in a complementary way
- Clear, clean and organised code
Well done Tanish, the DESS community are so proud of your achievements!
Some of the main benefits of learning to code for children include:
- Computational thinking
- Problem-solving skills/ algorithmic thinking
- Preparing children to be future-ready
- Learning how to anticipate and deal with problems/perseverance
If you would like to use Discovery Education Coding to develop your child’s coding skills this half term, please get in touch with Mrs. Harrow via Mrs Jaqui Thurley (email@example.com) so that your child can be set up with a login.